The Cloud technology has come up with an array of different kinds of applications to be used by businesses. It was during the mid-90s when the companies started using the cloud technology as they found it to be cheaper compared to the “point to point” data circuits which they previously used to store and move data. With the help of the cloud technology, they could use the bandwidth in a more efficient manner.
Cloud PBX – An Important Aspect of the Cloud Technology
With the help of Cloud PBX, you can have access to the PBX capabilities and you won’t have to go through the complexities of different kinds of expensive equipment. It is essentially a type of virtual PBX or hosted PBX, which means that all the services which are related to routing are being performed by the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service provider. With this technology, there is no need to appoint a dedicated employee to manage the PBX system at your office.
What are the Features of Cloud PBX
Here are some of the important features of the Cloud PBX, which has made this technology so effective and widespread
- Call Initiate / Answer: With the help of this technology, inbound calls can be answered very easily. As far as the outbound calls are concerned, they can be placed by simply clicking a name in the Outlook or Skype or by dialing the phone number
- Call on Behalf or Call designation: With the help of this technology, calls can be made or answered on behalf of anyone in the organization. What makes it so special is the fact that it displays notifications to all the participants when any call is being made or answered on behalf of someone else.
- Simultaneous Ringing and Call Forwarding: With the help of these features forwarding rules can be configured so that one can carry the calls along with him, anywhere he goes. Besides, these calls can also be forwarded to the voicemail or to the colleagues.
- Call History: This technology helps to keep a track of all the conversations. Be it conversations from phone calls, IMs or scheduled and impromptu meetings. All the conversations are being recorded in the call history.
- Call Transfer (consult, mobile and blind): This technology helps to transfer calls to other users. Besides, if someone is leaving the office and wish to continue the conversation, then the calls can be transferred from the IP phone or PC to the Tablet or Cell Phone.
Apart from these, this technology comes with different other kinds of features which include Call Retrieve and Hold Service, Caller ID, Camp On, Distinctive Ringing, Device Switching, DOD Routing, Music on Hold, Team Calling, and others.
Over the years, this technology has become very popular and is being used all over the world. New modifications and improvement to the system are being incorporated which would make it even more efficient and user-friendly for the business fraternity.